A Guide to Data Sources and Literature Review During ISO 10993 Biological Evaluation
Watch Educo Life Science Trainer Rona Middlemiss
Posted at 09:28h in Medical Device & IVD Resources
We interviewed Educo Life Sciences trainer Rona Middlemiss to discuss Biological Evaluation literature review and data sources. This area is critical as it is a requirement of all medical device categories as per ISO 10993. It aims are to assess the risk and benefits of a device and its materials and to identify what further data is required.
In the interview, Rona provides answers to the following questions:
- Why is the use of data sources so important during biological evaluations?
- What is the process of conducting a literature review?
- When is this information used?
- How do you identify relevant data sources?
- What do you do when there is no data available?
- What do you do with all the information?
- What are the common pitfalls?
Watch the interview on biological evaluation literature review below.
Learn more about the course Rona delivers on: Understanding Biocompatibility for Medical Devices
To view all our medical device courses follow the link below.
View our Medical Device training courses